Links rig site personnel in real time
A network of sensors, software, and displays providing real-time drilling data to rig site personnel.
In its simplest form, the Pason EDR is a drilling recorder. When used to its fullest, it is a robust system of computers, instruments, and monitoring equipment networked around a rig. The Pason EDR reliably links the rig manager, rig crew, operator, geologist, mud logger, directional hand, and underbalanced drilling operations (UBD) technician, on a common data network.
By providing secure communications via broadband satellite or wireless networks, the Pason EDR system enables rigs to share drilling data, reports, and real-time well information with office-based personnel. The system can also provide Internet access for wellsite users.
- Hundreds of sensor traces (5Hz sampling)
- Full suite of calculated traces (e.g., ROP, MSE)
- WITS/WITSML, industrial bus
- Bit position monitored at all times
- Electronic tour sheets, morning reports
- Chat, memos, and other tools
- Color touch screen doghouse computer, server
- Rig manager computer, printer/scanner
- Connections for 12 additional workstations
- Network interfaces for communications
- Wireless link from rig to command center
- Basic sensor set:
- Pump strokes
- Hook load
- Standpipe pressure
- Rotary torque
- Rotary RPM
- IEC/CSA/UL hazardous area compliant
- IEC operational vibration 1G, 5-300Hz
- IEC operational shock, 15G, half sine
- IEC and NEMA ingress protection up to IP55 and Type 4x
- Temperature range from -40°F to +120°F (-40°C to +50°C)
Uses the WITS Protocol to Exchange Real-time Data
The Pason EDR can interface with other service companies at the wellsite using the Wellsite Information Transfer Specification (WITS) protocol. Pason supports level 0 of the protocol. WITS is used by gas detectors, directional drillers, underbalanced drilling systems, mud loggers and others to exchange data with the Pason EDR.
For more information about exchanging real-time data with the Pason EDR, see the Pason WITS User Guide.
Developing WITS Software
Sending data to, or receiving data from, the Pason EDR involves many different variables. If you are developing WITS software, Pason strongly recommends that you read all WITS documentation carefully and contact Pason at when you are ready to test your software.